NetSight® is the heart of the OneFabric™ Control Center family of management and security solutions.
NetSight is a single pane of glass management system that provides wired/wireless visibility and control from the data center to the mobile edge. The intelligence, automation, and integration of your management software enable the IT organization to optimize the efficiency of network operations and reduce total cost of ownership.
NetSight provides centralized visibility and granular control of enterprise network resources end to end. NetSight is distinctive for granularity that reaches beyond ports and VLANs down to individual users, applications, and protocols. No matter how many moves, adds, or changes occur in your environment, NetSight keeps everything in view and under control through role-based access controls. One click can equal a thousand actions when you manage your network with Extreme Networks. NetSight can even manage beyond Extreme Networks switching, routing, and wireless hardware to deliver standards-based control of other vendors’ network equipment.
From Our Blog
There are three exciting developments today following up our June SDN announcement regarding the SDN Innovation Challenge and advancements of…
A single management system for the entire network providing consistent management across all devices.
Integrated wired/wireless management – Provides consistent management of both the wired and wireless network from a single interface.
Dashboard and reports – Provides a graphical user interface for network data collection and reporting of network analytics.
Open Application Programmatic Interface (API) – Provides an open and secure two-way interface into NetSight for third-party application integration and control of software defined networking (SDN) implementations.
Network Inventory Management – Advanced network configuration and change management for the wired and wireless infrastructure.
Historical data collection and trend analysis – Provides the ability to take flow-based data to understand how the network is being used up to layer 4. With the addition of Purview this extends the detailed analytics to the application layer (layer 7) for detailed application visibility across the entire network.
Policy-based network – Allows for the centralized creation of policies that follow users and devices across the network. These are not tied to the physical network and can change based on user, device, TOD, location, and connection type.
Identity and access control – Provides visibility and control down to the user and device level.
Intelligent alarm management – Alarm and event intelligence that alert IT when issues occur within the network are automatically cleared when the problem no longer exists and allows thresholds to be set so that warnings are sent prior to an actual failure.
Troubleshooting – Eliminates the guesswork and makes troubleshooting user issues easy. Just enter the username and discover where the user is located, where they are connected on the network, the type of device they are using, and much more.
Third-party network integration – Manage third-party devices to provide a complete picture of the entire infrastructure in a heterogeneous network environment.
NetSight with Wireless Management – Provides unified configuration and control of your wired and wireless network from a central location.
Identity and Access – Specialized OneView™ interface provides control and easy-to-use, exceptionally detailed information about connected end-systems and users.
Network Access Control (NAC) Management – Manages the Mobile IAM and NAC solutions providing granular, policy-based control over users and end-systems, and features a high-level reports and dashboards view of the complete security posture.
Inventory Management – Automates inventory and change management, tracks and reports changes to network configuration, and simplifies configuration backups, firmware upgrades, and capacity planning.
OneView™ – Unified web-based access to reporting, network analysis, troubleshooting, and help desk tools. Includes dashboards, reports, Identity and Access Management information and control, interactive topology maps, device views, and alarm/event management.
Mobile Management – Optimizes network management and help desk troubleshooting with anywhere, anytime access to critical information using popular mobile devices.
Automated Security Management – Integrates with Extreme IPS, NAC, SIEM, and other third-party security appliances to respond automatically and remediate threats in real-time with pre-determined actions.
- Transform complex network data into business-centric, actionable information
- Centralize and simplify the definition, management, and enforcement of policies such as guest access or personal devices
- Easily integrate with business applications with Software Defined Networking for operational efficiency
- Reduce IT administrative effort with the automation of routine tasks and web-based dashboard
- Streamline management with the integration of wired and wireless networks
- Easily enforce policies network-wide for QoS, bandwidth, etc.
- Troubleshoot with the convenience of a smartphone or tablet
- Integrate with enterprise management platforms
- Protect corporate data with centralized monitoring, control, and real-time response
- Enhance existing investments in network security
- Preserve LAN/WLAN network integrity with unified policies
Service and support
- Industry-leading first-call resolution rates and customer satisfaction rates
- Personalized services, including site surveys, network design, installation, and training
NetSight server and client OS requirements
These are the operating system requirements for both the NetSight server and remote NetSight client machines.
- Windows (qualified on the English version of the operating systems)
- Windows Server® 2003 with Service Pack 2 (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Windows XP® with Service Pack 3 (32-bit only)
- Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Windows® 7 (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Windows® 8 (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS and ES v5 and v6 (64-bit and 32-bit)
- SuSE Linux versions 10 and 11 (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop version (32-bit for remote NetSight client only)
- Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X® 64-bit (remote NetSight client only)
- Leopard®, Snow Leopard®, Lion®, or Mountain Lion®
- VMware® (64-bit NetSight Virtual Appliance)
- VMware ESXi™ 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1 server
NetSight server and client hardware requirements
These are the hardware requirements for the NetSight server and NetSight client machines:
- NetSight server
- Minimum: 32-bit Windows® 7; dual-core 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 10GB free disk space
- Medium: 64-bit desktop, Windows 2008 R2, or Linux; quad-core 2.6GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 40GB free disk space
- Large: 64-bit server Linux; dual quad-core Intel® Xeon CPU
- E5530 2.4GHz processors, 12GB RAM, 100GB free disk space
- Recommended: dual-Core 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM free
- Disk space: 100MB (User’s home directory requires 50MB for file storage)
- Java runtime environment (JRE) 6 or 7 (also referred to as 1.6 or 1.7)
Supported web browsers
- Internet Explorer version 8 and 9
- Mozilla Firefox 11 and 12
- Google Chrome 19.x
OneView supports reporting on about 2,500 devices/interfaces in a typical enterprise network which stores: raw data for seven days with a 15-minute polling interval, hourly rollups for eight weeks, and daily rollups for six months. More information on tuning the deployment is available in the OneView Users Guide.
NS-A-20 NetSight Appliance
The NS-A-20 NetSight Appliance includes (2) XEON E5-2620 CPUs (24 cores), dual 1TB hard drives with RAID controller, 24GB RAM, and dual power supplies.
- Height: 1.75” (4.45 cm) – 1U
- Length: 27.95” (70.9 cm)
- Width: 16.93” (43 cm)
- Weight: 31.8 lbs (14.4 kg)
- Wattage: 750 watt (max), each power supply
- Voltage: 110/240 VAC
- Frequency: 47-63Hz
- Operating temperature: 10° C to 35° C (50° F to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: -40° C to 70° C (-40°F to 158° F)
- Operating humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- UL60950 – CSA 60950
- EN60950 (Europe)
- IEC60950 (international)
- CB Certificate & Report, IEC60950
- GS Certification (Germany)
- GOST R 50377-92 – Certification (Russia)
- Ukraine Certification (Ukraine)
- CE – Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC (Europe)
- IRAM Certification (Argentina)
- FCC/ICES-003 – Emissions (USA/Canada)
- CISPR 22 – Emissions (international)
- EN55022 – Emissions (Europe)
- EN55024 – Immunity (Europe)
- EN61000-3-2 – Harmonics (Europe)
- EN61000-3-3 – Voltage Flicker (Europe)
- CE – EMC Directive 2004/108 EC (Europe)
- VCCI Emissions (Japan)
- AS/NZS 3548 Emissions (Australia/New Zealand)
- BSMI CNS13438 Emissions (Taiwan)
- GOST R 29216-91 Emissions (Russia)
- GOST R 50628-95 Immunity (Russia)
- Ukraine Certification (Ukraine)
- KC Certification (Korea)
NetSight Virtual Appliance
A virtual appliance is a software image that runs on a virtual machine.
The NetSight virtual appliance is packaged in the .OVA file format defined by VMware and must be deployed on a VMware ESX™ 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1 server or ESXi™ 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1 server with a vSphere™ 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1 client. Virtual appliance requires 8GB of memory, four CPUs, two network adapters, and 60GB of thick-provisioned hard drive space.