A multi-vendor solution that provides an unparalleled range of choices for fine grained network access control.
Extreme Access Control is a complete standards-based, multi-vendor interoperable pre-connect and post-connect Access Control solution for wired and wireless LAN and VPN users. Using the Extreme Access Control Gateway appliances and/or Virtual Appliance with Control Center management configuration and reporting software, IT administrators can deploy a leading-edge Network Access Control solution to ensure only the right users have access to the right information from the right place at the right time including time of day, location, authentication types, device and OS type, and end system and user groups.
From Our Blog
With the age of the digital employee upon us, the workforce has evolved beyond the cubicle walls to include off…
During my college freshman orientation I asked my tour guide, “Where are all the books?” He replied, “I always get…
BYOD & Guest Account Services Included
Automated BYOD registration allowing users to register their own devices using their credentials with no IT intervention. Guest registration access control features to assure secure guest networking without burdening IT staff. Also supports guest self-registration, sponsored registration, pre-registration, and support for contact verification via SMS or email.
Fine-Grained Configuration Options
Configuration options provide an unparalleled range of choices for fine grained network control. These configuration options include time of day, location, authentication types, device and OS type, and end system and user groups.
Provides user identity functionality including discovery, authentication and role based access controls. The process of managing the user’s lifecycle (e.g. enrollment, role changes, termination) can be automated and linked to other business processes with LDAP and RADIUS integration.
Endpoint Baselining and Monitoring
Provides agent-based or agent-less end-point assessment capabilities to determine the security posture of connecting devices. It is, aligned with industry standards, works with multiple assessment servers, authentication servers and security software agents to match the needs of organizations who may have existing assessment technology.
Open Architecture for Assessment
Allows easy integration with other third party network management tools for MDM integration, threat response (Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)) and more.
Available as a physical or virtual appliance
Provides the flexibility to meet any installation requirement.
Easy integration with third party management tools for MDM, Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), SIEM, IPS and more
Extreme Access Control is a complete standards-based, multi-vendor interoperable solution for wired and wireless LAN and VPN users. The Extreme Access Control advantage is business-oriented visibility and control over individual users and applications in multi-vendor infrastructures.
- Centrally manage and control the security posture of all devices connecting to the network, including employee bring your own device (BYOD)
- It offers the flexibility to choose whether or not to restrict access for guests/contractors to public Internet services only
- Managed guest access control with sponsorship, SMS verification, pre-registration, and other options
- Comprehensive dashboard reporting and advanced notification engine
- Enables the unified configuration of policies across multiple switch and wireless access point vendors. This capability significantly reduces the burden of policy lifecycle management
- Protects existing infrastructure investments since it does not require the deployment of new switching hardware or that agents be installed on all end systems
- Address compliance and regulatory requirements by controlling access to sensitive data and then providing comprehensive reporting on user activity. Additionally, reporting data can be exported to other third party reporting tools
- Automate endpoint isolation, quarantine, and remediation, plus ongoing threat analysis, prevention, and containment
- Performs multi-user, multi-method authentication, vulnerability assessment and assisted remediation
Extreme Access Control Assessment Agent OS Requirements
Supported operating systems for end systems connecting to the network through an Extreme Access Control deployment that is implementing agent-based assessment.
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003
- Windows 2008
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Mac OS X – Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks
Certain assessment tests require the Windows Action Center (previously known as Windows Security Center) which is supported on Windows XP SP2+, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 op-erating systems.
ExtremeConnect Control Center
ExtremeConnect Control Center provides the management capabilities for Extreme Access Control. A single ExtremeManagement server with Network Access Control will support: 100,000 end-systems; 50,000 end-system registrations; 12,000 end-systems with agent-based assessment; 35 appliances.
Control Center Server and Client OS Requirements
- Windows (qualified on the English version of the operating systems)
- Windows Server® 2003 w/ Service Pack 2 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- Windows XP® w/ Service Pack 3 (32-bit only)
- Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise & R2 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 Enterprise (64-bit only)
- Windows® 7 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- Windows® 8 & 8.1 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS and ES v5 & v6 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- SuSE Linux versions 10, 11, and 12.3 (64-bit & 32-bit)
- Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop version (32-bit , remote ExtremeManagement client only)
- Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04, and 13.04 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X® 64-bit (remote ExtremeManagement client only)
- Leopard®, Snow Leopard®, Lion®, Mountain Lion®,, or Maver-icks®
- VMware® (64-bit ExtremeManagement Virtual Appliance)
- VMware ESXi™ 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, or 5.5 server
Control Center Server and Client Hardware Requirements
These are the hardware requirements for the ExtremeManagement Server and ExtremeManagement client machines:
- ExtremeManagement Server
- Minimum – 32-bit Windows 7; Dual-Core 2.4 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM, 10 GB Free Disk Space
- Medium – 64-bit Desktop, Windows 2008 R2 or Linux; Quad-Core 2.66 GHz Processor, 8 GB RAM, 40 GB Free Disk Space
- Large – 64-bit Server Linux; Dual Quad-Core Intel® Xeon CPU E5530 2.4 GHz Processors,12 GB RAM, 100 GB Free Disk Space
- ExtremeManagement Client
- Recommended-Dual-Core2.4 GHz Processor,2 GB RAM Free Disk Space-100MB (User’s home directory requires50MB for file storage)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or 7 (also referred to as 1.6 or 1.7)
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer version 8, 9, and 10
- Mozilla Firefox 23 and 24
- Google Chrome 29.x