How Can Your City Transform Into a Smart City?
May 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Cities and municipalities across the world are taking advantage of the Internet of Things and smart city technologies to offer new resident services, reduce costs, improve safety, and even bring additional revenue into their budgets. Learn what is meant by the term “smart city” and the tremendous benefits that come with the emerging technologies.
Guest speaker Ruthbea Yesner Clarke of IDC will share her insights on why and how governments implement smart city IoT strategies. She’ll go into detail about the new data that becomes available and how it leads to benefits from improved safety to new sources of revenue. Join us on May 11th to:
- Learn what defines a smart city and its major benefits
- Better understand how digital transformation of the urban ecosystem leads to improved environmental, financial and social outcomes
- Hear strategies for planning and funding your smart city implementation
- See the results of our just-completed survey of how towns are planning and implementing smart city capabilities
- Learn the best practices of early smart city innovators
- Discover the role of partnerships in getting smart cities off the ground
Ruthbea Yesner Clarke:
Research Director, Global Smart Cities Strategies Program, IDC
Ruthbea Yesner Clarke is research director of the global Smart Cities Strategies program at IDC. In this program, Ms. Clarke discusses the strategies and execution of relevant Smart City technologies including the non-technology best practice areas, such as governance, innovation, partnerships and business models essential for Smart City development. Ms. Clarke’s research includes the Internet of Things, Big Data and Analytics, cloud computing, mobility and social media in public works, intelligent transportation systems, intelligent public safety, smart water and citizen engagement and Open Data initiatives. Ms. Clarke contributes to consulting engagements to support state and local governments’ Smart City strategies and IT vendors’ overall Smart City market strategies.
Register to Watch
All fields required