The X670-G2 series switches are versatile, purpose-built top-of-rack and aggregation switches designed to support emerging 10 Gigabit Ethernet enabled servers in enterprise and cloud data centers.
The X670-G2 product family provides high density 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 40 Gigabit Ethernet switching in a small 1RU form factor. With its versatile design, the X670-G2 series provides high density Layer 2/3 10Gb networking with low latency cut-through switching, and IPv4 and IPv6 unicast and multicast routing to enable enterprise aggregation and core backbone deployment in AC-powered and DC-powered environments.
The X670-G2 series simplifies network operation with the ExtremeXOS modular operating system (OS), which is used among Extreme Networks’ ExtremeSwitching products. The high availability ExtremeXOS operating system provides simplicity and ease of operation through the use of one OS everywhere in the network.
The X670-G2 series consists of two models:
- The X670-G2-48x-4q supports 48 ports of 1Gb/10Gb SFP+ plus four QSFP+ ports of 40 GbE in a single compact 1RU system. Each 40 Gigabit Ethernet port can be independently configured as 40 Gigabit Ethernet or 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- The X670-G2-72x supports an industry-leading 72 ports of native 1Gb/10Gb SFP+ in a single compact 1RU system without the requirement to use break-out cables to achieve high density 10Gb connections.
The X670-G2 series can serve as a:
- Top-of-rack switch for servers in enterprise and cloud data centers
- High-performance 10GbE core switch for a small network
- High-performance 10GbE aggregation switch in a traditional three-tiered network
- Interconnect switch providing low-latency connections for High-Performance Cluster Computing (HPCC)
From Our Blog
In 2012, the New England Patriots embarked on a journey to deliver in-venue Wi-Fi connectivity to any guest at Gillette…
- 72-port SFP+ or 64-port (48 SFP+ and 4 QSFP+) 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) connectivity in a 1RU form factor
- Full ExtremeXOS feature set supporting switching, routing, SDN, Data Center Bridging, MPLS, and Audio Video Bridging
- SummitStack support enables flexible stacking configurations with entire stackable ExtremeSwitching product line
- IEEE 1588 PTP Timing with integrated timing output ports
- All configurations provide non-blocking, line rate performance
- Available low latency cut-through mode
- AC and DC power options
- Front-to-Back or Back-to-Front airflow
- Y.1731 OAM Measurements in hardware for accuracy
- Advanced Layer 2/Layer 3 switching and MPLS/H-VPLS support Comprehensive Security Management
- User policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal Port Dynamic Security Profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
The X670-G2 series provides intelligent switching and routing with exceptional high-performance stacking technology for next-generation enterprise and cloud data centers – with dedicated 40 Gigabit Ethernet uplink capabilities powered by the ExtremeXOS modular OS.
High-Performance and Highly Scalable Switching and Routing
The X670-G2 is capable of Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding at up to 720 million packets per second forwarding rate in a small 1RU form factor, enabling next-generation high-performance server deployment in data centers. The X670-G2 series supports four different methods of high-speed, longer distance stacking: SummitStack-V, SummitStack-V80, SummitStack-V160, and SummitStack-V320.
Intelligent Switching and MPLS/H-VPLS Support
X670-G2 supports sophisticated and intelligent Layer 2 switching, as well as Layer 3 IPv4/IPv6 routing including policy-based switching/routing, Provider Bridges, bidirectional ingress and egress Access Control Lists, and bandwidth control by 8 Kbps granularity both for ingress and egress.
Low Latency Switching for Cluster Computing
X670-G2 can achieve latency of less than 600 nanoseconds and supports cut-through switching for latency-sensitive cluster computing and high-frequency trading applications.
1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
The X670-G2 series offers optional Boundary Clock (BC), Transparent Clock (TC), and Ordinary Clock (OC) for synchronizing phase and frequency and allowing the network and the connected devices to be synchronized down to microseconds of accuracy over Ethernet connection.
Audio Video Bridging (AVB)
The X670-G2 series supports IEEE 802.1 Audio Video Bridging to enable reliable, real-time audio/video transmission over Ethernet. AVB technology delivers the quality of service required for today’s high-definition and time-sensitive multimedia streams.
The X670-G2 series is designed to be environmentally green. System power consumption is reduced at both high-load and idle situations through the power-efficient hardware design. The AC or DC power supplies are also highly efficient, which minimizes the loss of power and unnecessary heat generated by power supply.
High-performance switching and routing
- Up to 1.28Tbps switching performance with 48- or optional 64-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 4-port 40GbE (X670V) all running at wire rate
- High-performance SummitStack™-V, SummitStack-V160, or SummitStack-V320 stacking support for virtualized chassis configuration supporting mix-and-match with Gigabit Ethernet switches
- Sub one microsecond low latency for Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 switching
- Green design with very low power consumption and high-efficiency power supply
Data center switching
- SFP+10GbE ports with support for dual speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet providing smooth migration from Gigabit Ethernet to 10GbE
- Software configurable 40GbE QSFP+ uplink ports for native 40GbE as well as 4 x 10GbE to provide compatibility with non-40GbE capable systems
- Data Center Bridging support with Priority Flow Control (PFC), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and Data Center Bridging eXchange (DCBX)
- Scalable Virtual Machine (VM) deployments with Direct Attach™ (VEPA) for inter-VM switching and XNV™ (ExtremeXOS® Network Virtualization) for VM mobility
- Reversible air flow option to provide separation of cold and hot aisle in data center installation
- ExtremeXOS modular OS for highly available network operation
- Extends high availability across switches with Multi-Switch Link Aggregation (M-LAG)
- Carrier-grade packet ring protocol, Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS)
- Internal redundant AC/DC power supply and 2+1 fan tray
- Robust MAC and IP security framework
- Threat detection and response with CLEAR-Flow security rules engine
- Motion sensor detection for physical security