ProMedica, a nonprofit health system that services large parts of Ohio and Michigan, recently opened several urgent care clinics and plans more in the near future. Besides the growth in the number of urgent-care centers, ProMedica was also undergoing an Epic electronic health records implementation, and new applications for patient monitoring all demanded a reliable network. Ultimately, ProMedica chose to upgrade the network with Extreme Networks and deploy Fabric Connect to reduce network configuration and deployment time.
- Infrastructure to support EHR and multicast applications
- Network with IP multicast capabilities
- Easy to use network management
Benefits of the new network solution include:
- In the contact center, real-time dashboards run flawlessly, preserving productivity and customer service
- When the company experienced a fiber cut – requiring six hours to repair – traffic routed automatically without users ever noticing
- With the ability to connect two data centers, Fabric Connect saved the medical center from buying eight more links – saving $18,000 to $20,000 monthly.
- The company integrates newly acquired sites in under a week