Alabama State University (ASU) has a rich history since its founding in 1867, and today welcomes more than 5,000 students, offering nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, the heart of the civil rights movement, the school was founded by nine freed slaves and many of its distinguished alumni are notable figures from the civil rights era. The large campus has over 60 physical sites and employs approximately 2500 faculty and staff. ASU has recently experienced tremendous growth, adding buildings on its 170-acre campus, including a new football stadium and residence halls.
• Upgrade campus network to ensure comprehensive Wi-Fi access and a standardized network platform
• Procure a cloud-enabled network management solution
• Meet demands of a robust wireless infrastructure
• Deployed ubiquitous Wi-Fi across entire campus with robust security and management features
• Enabled mobility and greater digital learning for students and staff
• Achieved simplified network management and eliminated constraints