Take Your Network and Applications to a New Level of Reliability
The Virtual Services Platform 9000 Series is a next-generation solution for mission-critical data centers and cam- pus core networks, designed for the needs of large enterprises, and other such as multi-tenant operators. The VSP 9000 Series rises to meet customer requirements for a future-proof, ultra-reliable network that easily and cost-effectively facilitates services integration; it provides a less complex, more agile virtual network infrastructure. It simplifies the network and helps reduce the cost of deploying new services; the VSP 9000 Series enables the building of a dynamic data center, helping to deliver 24/365 uninterrupted access to enterprise applications and services.
The VSP 9000 Series delivers industry-leading performance and scalability, with immediate support for very high-density 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and high-density 40 Gigabit Ethernet. The fully scalable architecture helps ensure that network capacity seamlessly scales in line with performance requirements, without complex or expensive re-engineering.
The VSP 9000 has been specifically developed for organizations that are planning new highly-virtualized data center deployments, and those that wish to deploy future-ready campus core solutions that support seamless IPv4, IPv6, and end-to-end network virtualization and service integration.
• Improve the resiliency and stability of your network with this ultra-reliable and high-performance Core Switch platform.
• Protect your enterprise from network outages when you deploy the VSP 9000, with its hardened architecture and instantaneous recovery.
• Reliably support your most mission-critical communication environments with a carrier-grade operating system, system-level health checks, and self-healing capabilities, coupled with seamless software patching.
• Reduce time to service and enhance your service agility by leveraging Fabric Connect technology. Never reconfigure your network core again. Make moves, adds, and changes in real time. Use a simple end-point provisioning model to make services changes easier than ever before.
• High-density: up to 480 ports of 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet and up to 40 Gigabit Ethernet
• Highly scalable lossless fabric architecture
• Field-programmable RSP network processor delivers flexible data forwarding and investment protection for Layer 2-4 10Gbps line-rate capabilities without requiring forklift upgrades for future standards
• IPv4/IPv6 forwarding rate of up to 3,570 million packets per second, per system, allowing for more efficient data transfer
• Highly robust hardware with no single point-of-failure
• Hardened carrier-class operating system
• Highly available equipment-level device, combining with native support for Switch Cluster technology to deliver an always-on network-level solution
• Built-in diagnostics such as ingress/ egress mirroring, Layer 3 remote mirroring, packet capturing, filter logging
• Hitless software patching without reload of the complete system image
• Instantaneous re-route across all ports to minimize packet loss
• Efficient Layer 2 and 3 network virtualization services providing supports for multiple customers and user groups on the same platform
• A robust, resilient alternative to today’s existing, often complex and/or compromised offerings
• Highly efficient support for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
• Future-ready support for storage convergence with an architecture optimized for Lossless Ethernet
Deploy the Mission-Ready Solution for Your Mission-Critical Network Core
Keep your applications running, and your business productive with a Fabric Connect network that delivers maximum uptime and availability. Leverage fault-tolerant, fast failover characteristics, so your network assumes higher levels of reliability and resiliency, and your people realize the benefit of always-on application access.
Maximize your application uptime with the VSP 9000’s flexible, high-availability deployment options of Fabric Connect and Switch Cluster, which enable you to build highly resilient solutions to fit your specific requirements.
Eliminate cumbersome manual tasks and reduce your IT operating expenses with Fabric Connect network virtualization. Dramatically reduce your operational costs – with 25 times less provisioning burden – when deploying new services. Execute your change requests in real-time, at the network edge only, rather than delaying until downtime can be scheduled. Deploy a single-technology network that removes the provisioning of complex protocol overlays, significantly simplifying management and troubleshooting.
Support the applications and devices your users need. Deploy a resilient, versatile private-cloud infrastructure and easily adapt to the evolving needs of your business. Scale your network to match business needs, confident that Fabric Connect has the required flexibility, supporting more than 16 million unique services, and dynamically integrating node and link changes without needing redesign. Position your business to seamlessly integrate fit-for-purpose software-defined networking solutions by implementing a strategic, SDN-friendly network virtualization technology.
• Evergreen application performance: Maximize your investment protection, avoiding costly and disruptive forklift upgrades, when you implement life cycle technology refreshes leveraging the unique field-programmable hardware.
• Hardened and resilient for maximum availability: Help protect your applications from a range of threat sources and deliver always-on business continuity. Build your resilient network on the solid foundations offered by the VSP 9000’s carrier-grade operating system and control systems with hardware-layer defenses.
• Revolutionize service delivery: Change the way that you manage, administer, and execute service delivery with Fabric Connect. The zero-touch Core enables you to deliver real-time provisioning and genuine service agility.
Complete network virtualization solution Highly resilient hardware and software Features field-reprogrammable hardware Optimizes application performance SDN-ready Extensible architecture Core switch for data canter networks Core switch for large campus networks Fabric Connect Switch Cluster Standardized IPv4 and IPv6 Routing Standardized IP VPN VSP 9010 Ethernet Switch
• 9010 10-Slot Chassis
• 9080CP Control Processor Module
• 9095SF Switch Fabric Module
VSP 9012 Ethernet Switch
• 9012 12-Slot Chassis
• 9080CP Control Processor Module
• 9090SF Switch Fabric Module
VSP 9000 Series Ethernet Interface Modules
• 9012QQ-2 12-port 40GBASE-QSFP+ Module
• 9048XS-2 48-port 10GBASE-SFP+ Module
• 9024XL 24-port 10GBASE-SFP+ Module
• 9048GB 48-port 1000BASE-SFP Module
• 9048GT 48-port 1000BASE-T Module
Base Software License Separately orderable:
• AC or DC Power Supplies
• Premier Software License
• Ethernet Transceivers, as required
Up to 9.6Tbps Raw System Switch Capacity Up to 3,570Mpps Frame Forwarding Up to 1.5M Routes Up to 256 BGP Peers Up to 512 VRF Instances Up to 120 ports of 40 Gigabit Ethernet Up to 480 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Up to 480 ports of Gigabit Ethernet Power: up to 6 AC or DC Power Supplies Cooling:
• 9010 – Front-to-Back Airflow
• 9012 – Front-to-Back & Side-to-Side Airflow
• 9010 – 21RU
• 9012 – 14RU
• 9010 – 82-175kg
• 9012 – 83-185kg
• QSFP+ sockets support 40 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers
• SFP+ sockets support 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers
• RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports also support 100/1000Mbps
• SFP sockets support Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers
• RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet ports also support 10/100Mbps