Maximize the Performance of Your Applications
The Virtual Services Platform 7200 Series is purpose-built to support the dynamic Data Center and high- density 10 Gigabit Ethernet Top-of-Rack deployments of today. It alleviates infrastructure complexity and reduces power consumption with a truly scalable and strategic architecture; it is designed to be the high-performance Top-of-Rack platform for the future.
Supporting mission-critical applications requires 24/365 always-on infrastructure, and the VSP 7200 delivers against this challenge. It is a highly strategic product that is fit-for-purpose for today’s connectivity requirements and future-ready for the evolving and emerging application-driven needs of tomorrow.
The VSP 7200 brings unique differentiation to the ToR role: with a flexible, non- blocking architecture, including wire- speed Server access connections and high-speed Distributed Top-of-Rack connections. The VSP 7200 is purpose-built to support today’s dynamic Data Center operations and high-density, low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet Top-of- Rack deployments.
- Overcome problems caused by numerous hops and over-subscribed uplinks that occur with distributed applications. The VSP 7200 delivers low latency and fast throughput to improve the performance of applications for your multiple virtual machines
- Minimize performance bottlenecks with Distributed Top-of-Rack technology. High-speed rack-to-rack connectivity sets your applications to run at peak server speed, and helps avoid the penalty of transitioning your Network Core
- Automate the provisioning of your server and virtual machine resources to deliver true application agility. Use Fabric Connect technology, enhanced with Fabric Attach, to remove manual edge configuration and risky core configuration from your service life cycle. Then applications can dynamically define network connectivity to match their requirements
- High-performance 10/40 Gigabit Top-of-Rack Ethernet Switch
- 48 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server connections
- 6 ports of 40 Gigabit Ethernet for flexible Uplink or Distributed Top-of-Rack
- Non-blocking, wire-speed switching architecture
- Integrated design that is optimized for low latency
- Flexible table architecture delivers MAC, ARP, and IP Routing scalability.
- Feature-rich support for conventional VLAN, Multi-Link Trunking, Spanning Tree technologies
- Support for IP Routing techniques including Static, RIP, OSPF, eBGP, BGP+, ECMP, DvR/VRRP, PIM-SM/ SSM, and VRF. Additionally, supports Static, RIPng, OSPFv3, ECMP, and VRRP for IPv6 deployments
- Distributed Top-of-Rack technology scales up to 512 nodes: supporting up to 24,576 ports of 10 Gigabit and up to 3,076 ports of 40 Gigabit, and a virtual backbone of up to 122.88Tbps capacity
- Fabric Connect technology supports L2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs), Layer 3 Virtual Service Networks, Inter-VSN Routing, IP Shortcut Routing, IP Multicast-over-Fabric Connect and Fabric Connect-PIM Gateway, Fabric Attach Server and Client, and Fabric Extend
- Switch Cluster technology supports Triangle & Square configurations, with both Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality
- Fast-path support for innovative Distributed Top-of-Rack, Fabric Connect, and Switch Cluster technologies
- Advanced IPv4 & IPv6 Routing
- Up to 2 field-replaceable, hot-swappable, airflow-matched, internal AC Power Supplies; a DC option is also available
- 3 field-replaceable Fan Modules, with both Front-to-Back and Back-to-Front airflow options supported
Make Your Distributed Applications Hum
Deliver enhanced functionality when you combine our VSP 7200 Series – the industry’s most advanced switching engine – with our feature-rich, operating system software. Leverage our innovative technologies – Distributed Top-of-Rack, Fabric Connect, Fabric Attach, and Switch Cluster—to gain real-time service agility. You’ll avoid the delays associated with conventional techniques and the outages introduced in trying to maintain them.
The Distributed Top-of-Rack architecture lets you build a distributed, high-performance backplane directly between server racks, creating optimum performance for your distributed applications. Solve many of your most pressing network challenges with this one simple architectural change. Drive the responsiveness and usability of your applications, all without re-engineering them or their compute platforms.
Offloading vast amounts of server-to-server traffic from your Data Center Core immediately reduces multi-hop latency and applications vying for over-subscribed uplinks. Also benefit from reducing pressure on your Core infrastructure. With your east-west traffic leveraging the Distributed Top-of-Rack, and no longer transiting the Core, it’s like a getting an upgrade for free. Those uplinks are no longer a bottleneck, and you can even rationalize your Core design to make OPEX savings.
- Maximize application performance: Optimizing the flows among your distributed application components can significantly improve the performance of your applications, improving response times and enhancing the user experience
- Revitalize your Core: Using our high-performance Distributed Top-of-Rack technology, offload east-west application flows from your Core. You eliminate Core bottlenecks and make it easier for users to connect to their applications
- Automate your life cycle: Retire manual, risky, and time-consuming configuration by letting Fabric Attach automate virtual machine provisioning for real-time service agility
Revolutionary Data Center networking Data Center management and architecture optimization Powerful self-aware and fault-tolerant networking Dynamic service deployment for a highly virtualized world Simpler, more agile network Leaf switch for data center networks Distributed Top-of-Rack Fabric Connect Fabric Attach Fabric Extend Switch Cluster Standardized IPv4 and IPv6 Routing VSP 7254XSQ Ethernet Switch:
•48-port 10 Gigabit SFP+ and 6-port 40 Gigabit QSFP+
VSP 7254XTQ Ethernet Switch:
•48-port 10 Gigabit RJ45 and 6-port 40 Gigabit QSFP+
•“Starter” models with 24 ports of 10 Gigabit & 4 ports of 40 Gigabit enabled in software
•Remaining ports enabled via Port License
Base Software License Separately orderable:
•Premier Software License
•Port License to enable all ports on Port-Licensed models
•Second AC or DC Power Supply for HA Power
•Rack Mount Kit
•Ethernet Transceivers, as required
Non-blocking 2.56Tbps Switching Fabric 6 ports of 40 Gigabit Ethernet 48 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet: 10GBASE-SFP+ or 10GBASE-T Power: Up to 2 AC or DC Power Supplies Cooling: Front-to-Back or Back-to-Front Airflow Height: 1RU Connectivity:
•QSFP+ sockets support 40 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers
•SFP+ sockets support 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers
•RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports also support 100/1000Mbps