Premium Stackable Chassis for the Network Edge
The Ethernet Routing Switch 5000 Series leverage the latest advances in network switching architecture design to maximize hardware performance and software capability. The ERS 5900 models represent a clear evolutionary step for the ERS 5000 Series, particularly in terms of value and future-ready flexibility, and have been optimized for the Enabled Edge role. The ERS 5900s are an important part of this strategy, integrating Fabric Connect capabilities into a form-factor that is cost-effective, flexible, and reliable.
Supporting modern Enterprise applications requires a flexible and highly reliable infrastructure, and the ERS 5900 products deliver against this challenge. These are highly strategic products, fit-for-purpose for conventional Routed IP connectivity requirements and future-ready for the evolving and emerging software-defined needs of tomorrow. Boasting equal competency for both IP- and Fabric-based networking give businesses the flexibility to satisfy all common deployment scenarios, with the added advantage of an easy transitioning between the two.
The ERS 5900 products are purpose-built to support the demands of today’s dynamic Wiring Closet with high-density, full-featured Gigabit Ethernet. The ERS 5900 products can be deployed standalone, or configured as a Stackable Chassis system of up to eight units/416 ports, supported by up to 672Gbps of virtual backplane bandwidth.
- Deliver highly-available Ethernet connectivity for delay-sensitive and business-critical data and voice applications. Provide an effective solution for challenging environments with advanced Layer 3 routing services.
- Add the ERS 5000 Series in the Wiring Closet for a ready path to network convergence with PoE+/UPoE, granular QoS, and 10 Gigabit uplinks.
- Connect servers across racks and increase application performance using the ERS 5000 Series as 1 Gigabit Top-of-Rack option.
- Non-blocking, wire-speed switching architecture
- Integrated design that is optimized for low latency and high Quality-of- Service (including QoS-aware Stackable Chassis interfaces)
- Feature-rich support for conventional VLAN, Private VLAN, Multi-Link Trunking, Spanning Tree technologies
- Stackable Chassis technology supporting scalability up to 8 units/416 ports, and Auto-Unit Replacement for Software Image and Configuration
- Fabric Connect technology supports L2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs), IP Shortcut Routing, IP Multicast-over-Fabric Connect, ETREE, and Fabric Attach
- IP Routing includes support for Static, RIP/RIPng, OSPF, ECMP, VRRP, Routing Polices and Source-based Routing, and PIM-SM/PIM-SSM
- High-availability field-replaceable, hot-swappable AC internal Power Supplies, available in 450W and 1,400 (1,000W for 100-120V) ratings for – respectively – non-PoE and PoE applications
- High-availability field-replaceable Fan Trays available in Front-to-Back or Back-to-Front airflow configuration to match PSUs
- Industry-leading warranty:
- Lifetime Hardware Warranty, providing Next Business Day shipment of replacement hardware
- Lifetime Software Warranty, providing access to Updates and Upgrades.
- Lifetime Basic Technical Support
- 90-Day Post-Purchase Advanced Technical Support
Innovative, Versatile, Highly Scalable Stacking Adds Capacity and Performance
Challenging deployments are easily facilitated by a hardware platform that incorporates wire-speed performance, fully integrated and high-output PoE, plug-and-play port scalability, and high-availability power and cooling.
Stack up to eight routing Switches to extend wire-speed performance and enhanced network availability. Connected together, ERS 5000 Series devices deliver 84Gbps of virtual backplane per Switch, and a total bandwidth of up to 672Gbps across the eight Switches.
Simplify your network by consolidating voice, video, and data on a single infrastructure. The ERS 5000 Series supports powering network devices, plug and play technologies, advanced QoS, and MACsec-ready capabilities to facilitate the deployment of communications, collaboration, and engagement solutions.
- Improve application responsiveness: Wire-speed performance coupled with industry leading QoS-aware stack virtualization enhances traffic flows and optimizes applications.
- Versatile deployment options: Available in models supporting 10/100/1000 connectivity, 10 Gigabit uplinks, and Layer 3 Routing, the ERS 5000 Series can flexibly address a range of advanced enterprise needs.
- Lower your Total Cost of Ownership: As a price-per-port leader for resilient, high-performance Gigabit Ethernet, the ERS 5000 Series keeps TCO low.
|Advanced capabilities ease deployments|
|High-performance, pay-as-you-grow Stacking|
|Convergence-ready for advanced communications|
|Autonomic Edge dramatically reduces the cost of change|
|Hands-free service automation|
|Access Switches for large/complex Campus networks|
|Standardized IPv4 and IPv6 Routing|
|ERS 59100GTS Gigabit Ethernet Switch||96-port Gigabit RJ45 and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 59100GTS-PWR+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch||96-port Gigabit RJ45 with PoE+ and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5952GTS Gigabit Ethernet Switch||48-port Gigabit RJ45 and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5952GTS-PWR+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch||48-port Gigabit RJ45 with PoE+ and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5928GTS Gigabit Ethernet Switch||24-port Gigabit RJ45 and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5928GTS-PWR+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch||24-port Gigabit RJ45 with PoE+ and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5928GTS-uPWR Gigabit Ethernet Switch||24-port Gigabit RJ45 with Universal PoE and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|ERS 5928MTS-uPWR Gigabit Ethernet Switch||24-port Multi-Rate Gigabit RJ45 with Universal PoE and 4-port 10 Gigabit SFP+|
|Base Software License|
|Separately orderable:||Advanced Software License|
|Additional field-replaceable AC Power Supplies for HA power|
|Ethernet Transceivers, as required|
|Non-blocking Switching Fabric, up to 356Gbps|
|Stackable Chassis capacity of 84Gbps per Switch, up to 672Gbps|
|24, 48, or 96 Access ports of Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, or 24 Access ports of Multi-Rate Gigabit Ethernet RJ45|
|4 Uplink ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+|
|Available with or without PoE/PoE+/Universal PoE|
|Power:||59100 – up to 4 AC or DC Power Supplies|
|5952/5928 – up to 2 AC or DC Power Supplies|
|Cooling:||Front-to-Back or Back-to-Front Airflow|
|Height:||59100 – 2RU|
|5952/5928 – 1RU|
|Connectivity:||10 Gigabit SFP+ sockets also support 1 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers|
|Gigabit RJ45 ports also support 10/100Mbps, except 5928MTS-uPWR|