School might be winding down for the summer, but ISTE 2014 is here! Haven’t heard of the International Society for Technology in Education? Their annual K-12 education event is where innovators in educational technology come together to showcase interactive demonstrations ranging from digital student analytics to BYOD onboarding, and our own team will be heading down to Atlanta from June 28 through July 1 to participate. With over 1,400 partnerships with K-12 schools and districts, we’re looking forward to sharing insights and predictions on the growing trends benefiting teachers and students both inside and outside the classroom in the coming year, as well as hearing from our fellow #edtech pioneers.
Last year, the hot topics included preparing for Common Core assessments, digital citizenship, tablets, FCC eRate plans, and Connected Educator Month. This year, it will be the rapid growth of Google Chromebooks in education, as well technology support for Common Core and how all this comes together to support personalized learning environments, that occupy much of the discussion.
Here’s a sneak peek at the interactive Innovation Sessions we’ll be hosting at booth #848.
- NFL Heart of a Hall of Famer Program Overview by Jerry Csaki, Youth Education, NFL Hall of Fame
- Sunday, June 29 at 10:30 AM & 4:00 PM; Monday, June 30 at 1:00 & 3:30 PM
- Implementing 1:Web at Boulder Valley School District by Kelly Sain, Director of Educational Technology, Erika Morreale, Ed Tech Specialist & Nannette McMurtry, Ed Tech Specialist, Boulder Valley School District
- Sunday, June 29 at 11:00 AM
- Creating An Education Experience For The Mobile Generation by Phil Komarny, CEO, USA, Robots and Pencils Inc.
- Sunday, June 29 at 11:30 AM, 1:30 & 3:30 PM; Monday, June 30 at 3:00 PM; Tuesday, July 1 at 11:30 AM
- Mobile Learning Essentials: Device, Class & Web Management at the Teacher’s Fingertips by Philip Linscott, Senior Systems Analyst, Lightspeed Systems
- Sunday, June 29 at 1:00 & 2:30 PM; Monday, June 30 at 1:30 PM; Tuesday, July 1 at 10:00 AM
- There May Never Be Another Student Absence by Marty Park, Chief Digital Officer, Kentucky Department of Education
- Monday, June 30 at 2:30 PM; Tuesday, July 1 at 11:00 AM
Here are a few of the live demonstrations we have planned.
- Digital Student Analytics with Purview
- 802.11ac High Performance Wi-Fi
- Intelligent BYOD Onboarding
- Software-Defined Data Center
Visit our website for more information on what we have up our sleeve at ISTE. Register for one of the Innovation Sessions or demos above and receive a $15 iTunes gift card. Join the conversation online at #ISTE2014. Hope to see you there!
Follow Bob Nilsson’s live tweets from ISTE 2014 at @RHNilsson.