Extreme Connect 2019 will be here before you know it, are you ready? Have you thought about enrolling in pre-conference training? Space is filling up fast for the opportunity to get trained and certified on our platforms.
What are the benefits of Extreme Connect’s Pre-Conference Training?
- First of all, you’ll expand your skillset. We’re offering multiple in-depth courses designed to advance your knowledge and help you successfully manage Extreme products and software. It’s time to up your game.
- Second, you can enrich your resume. Extreme credentials represent your expertise in specific Extreme technologies. That kind of value is hard to match. Note, the certification exams will not take place on-site in order to allow more time in the classroom for hands-on labs. However, you have up to 45 days after the event to take the exam online and complete your certification at no cost.
- You’ll save time. Not that we don’t love visiting you, but completing an Extreme course, including hands-on labs, usually takes four days. Plus, our training staff have to travel to your place of work. At Extreme Connect, you only need a couple of days of hands-on labs onsite, and you can complete your pre-conference course work easily online at your own pace. You’ll already be at the conference, so it’s way less disruptive than stopping your day-to-day schedule for additional education.
- It’s cheaper to do training at Extreme Connect. By a good bit, too—the cost of standard Extreme training is $2k. Training at Extreme Connect is only $899. Sign up now… seats are filling up quickly!
So… what can you get certified in at Extreme Connect? We have a number of courses available for you! Check out the details below.
Extreme Courses We’re Offering
Advanced Management Center
The student will learn how to integrate with other systems, how to deploy BYOD along with ensuring continuous security compliance. After completing the course, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate with other systems using workflows and the Connect API
- Deploy BYOD, Guest access on top of EAC
- Ensure continuous security compliance
- Operate with third-party devices using EAC and Policy
The student will build a campus fabric infrastructure and implement Layer 2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs). You will also learn how to add the additional services including Layer 3 VSNs, and IP Shortcuts. After completing the course, attendees should be able to:
- Build a campus fabric infrastructure
- Implement Layer 2 Virtual Service Networks
- Add additional services
SLX IP Fabric
The student will be provided with an in-depth study of the Extreme Networks SLX family of products and how they are utilized in an enterprise network. The course covers the core competencies of Extreme SLX IP Fabric configuration and implementation. After completing the course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Extreme’s SLX hardware
- Configure and implement management protocols on SLX devices
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and support functions on SLX devices
- Perform firmware upgrades on SLX Devices
- Configure, implement, and maintain IP FabricStudent will build a campus fabric infrastructure and implement Layer 2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs). You will also learn how to add the additional services including Layer 3 VSNs, and IP Shortcuts.
- Use cases of deploying SLX devices
- Configure, implement, and maintain security and traffic control using ACL’s
Introduction to Extreme Management Center
The student will learn how to add devices and users to the system and how to operate a network using archives, flex views and governance. You will also understand how to ensure the network is consistent, build alerts and dashboard to make troubleshooting easy. After completing the course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand how to add devices and users to the system and basic SNMP/MIBS
- Operate a network using archives, flex views, and governance
- Ensure a network is consistent using firmware upgrades and scripts
- Build alerts and dashboards to troubleshoot easily
- Understand analytics, EAC, and Policy at a high level
The student will configure a Wireless Controller and AP to offer a network service. You will also learn how to add-on authentication for clients. After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Configure a wireless controller and AP for an open wireless service
- Add-on client authentication to a wireless service
The student will be provided with an overview of the WiNG solution, including components and deployment models, followed by a discussion and hands-on experience covering the configuration of a WiNG controller and access points for management functions, WLAN setup, and other features which enable clients to connect to a given network. After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Know the various components of the WiNG solution, including controllers, virtual controllers, access points, RF Domains, and management applications
- Configure a wireless controller, adopt access points to be used, configure WLANs, and deploy WiNG Profiles and Overrides to meet configuration requirements to provide wireless access to clients
- Configure additional WLAN services and functions, such as QoS and security features, for more efficient client access
- Troubleshoot and maintain common wireless problems and deployment models of the WiNG solution
Campus EXOs Switching & Routing
The student will first be given an overview on EXOS devices, followed by a discussion and hands-on experience covering initial device configuration, VLAN configuration, link aggregation, and common routing interface implementation in an IPv4 network. After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- The attendee should be able to:
- Install and configure common management functions
- Configure and common switching and routing features and protocols
- Maintain and troubleshoot common switching and router deployments
Don’t forget, training sessions start two days prior to the main conference, which begins on May 13th at 6:00 PM. Training schedule below:
- Sunday, May 12 – 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Monday, May 13 – 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Ready to get certified? Register for training now!