With U.S. college enrollment and public opinion about the value of a four-year degree flagging, competition is stiff in today’s education market. In this struggle to stay relevant, universities must provide the best resources available to students to prepare them for their future. At Extreme Networks, we are enabling educators to do just that. Styles of education are rapidly evolving, and we’re helping organizations stay ahead of emerging trends such as student analytics and bring your own everything (BYOx).
In a few days, we will be heading to Orlando to join our fellow industry leaders at EDUCAUSE 2014, where we’ll discuss these emerging trends and share our predictions for how technology will impact teaching and learning in the future. This year, we are focusing on the strong positive impact of BYOx and analytics on education. As the Wi-Fi world hurdles into the future, new trends like wearables and the Internet of Things (IoT) will push the boundaries of BYOD as we know it. In addition to a number of interactive demos, we are also hosting a Google Hangout panel discussion to help CIOs prepare their campuses for the coming changes.
Here is a sneak peak at some of the panelists and interactive sessions we’ll be hosting at the Extreme booth #643. Did we mention an active NFL player will also be at the booth?
Panel Discussion: The Five Most Important Tech Tips of a Successful CIO
This Google Hangout panel discussion hosted by Jonathan Kidwell will bring prominent university technology leaders together to discuss how CIOs can be successful in the digital age. Panelist members include:
- Michael Mathews, Chief Information Officer, Oral Roberts University
- Sallie Wright, Chief Information Officer, Georgia State University
- Brian Holley, Assistant Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Middle Tennessee State University
- Pattie Orr, VP for Information Technology and Dean of University Libraries, Baylor University
Here are a few of the live demos we have planned:
- Purview – industry’s first solution that bridges network management and analytics
- SDN and Data Center – simple standards-based and comprehensive SDN
- High Performance Wi-Fi – including 802.11ac
- BYOx – next generation onboarding
Join the conversation online at #EDU14. Hope to see you there!
Follow Bob Nilsson on Twitter