View Scheduled Classes
High performance along with scalability, intelligence, simplicity, and security.
|Training Method:||Instructor Led Classroom and Virtual Classroom|
|On-site Deliveries:||Please contact your local Extreme Networks representative for special pricing.|
|Course Overview:||Students will be introduced to the components that help configure and management the Extreme Stadium solution, from the Wired and Wireless networking to Management and Reporting using the Extreme Management Center. Students have these concepts reinforced with a hands-on lab experience. Students will perform real world tasks around the areas of configuration, fault management, reporting and security management functions.|
|Who Should Attend:||System Integrators and Network Administrators|
|Course Prerequisite:||Students should possess an understanding of network fundamentals and general network management concepts, as well as network security concepts and technologies.|
|Course Objectives:||Upon successful completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully manage and support their Extreme Networks High Density Environment solution.|
- Switching Configuration & Management: Overview and discussions regarding the Extreme Networks operating systems (ExtremeXOS and EOS) including Switch Management, VLAN configuration and Virtual Switch Bonding
- Routing Configuration: Overview of Routing Configuration, Routing maintenance, ARP configuration and LSNAT operation.
- Wireless Configuration & Management: Overview and discussions regarding the ExtremeWireless components, configuration, Maintenance and High Availability.
- Configuration Management: Using Extreme Management Center; Device Manager and Portview to help identity each device and its connections and components, such as software, image and bootrom version. In addition, students will also collect configurations, tracking configuration changes using tools such as Extreme Management Center.
- Fault Management: Using the Extreme Management SNMP traps, and Alarms configuration to help detect, identify, log faults, and notify users of issues on the network to avoid unnecessary downtime or network degradation and lose of data.
- Performance Management: Identify and monitor the network, i.e. throughout, utilization, error rates or network heath using Extreme Management Center's Alarms based on Threshold rates.
- Accounting Management: Overview of how to gather usage statistics of end-systems and end-users on the network which will allow for identification current usage, trends, and behavior or the network in order to optimize the network using Access Control, Wireless Reporting and Extreme Application Analytics.
- Security Management: Students will examine how Extreme Access Control can identify the end-system on the network to help with the mapping of the Policy Role with the use of Authentication of device on the network.
|For Managers:||Extreme Network High Density Environments (HDE) course is targeted for those users that have a background in networking and now require a more detailed level of knowledge of operation of their Extreme Networks network devices and management of their environment using the Extreme Management application.|
|Downloads:||Download the Course Overview|
View Scheduled Classes