World Wide Strategic Accounts Customer Advisory Board Meeting
Welcome to the Extreme Networks Customer Advisory Board
Thank you for being valued supporters of Extreme Networks. We truly appreciate the relationship we’ve built together through the years. We are privileged and honored to work with you and your teams.
Extreme’s Customer Advisory Board (“CAB”) will bring together, on a semi-annual basis, a small group of influential customers with a vested interest in Extreme’s success. We look forward to your feedback on our company and direction.
We believe service, performance and the relationships we build with our customers will allow us to deliver better business outcomes for you and your customers. We are very excited to have you join us on this journey that is sure to offer an enduring and mutual learning experience for both Extreme and our advisors.
I look forward to working with and learning from you.
President & CEO
WWSA Customer Advisory Board Meeting
Agenda February 8-10, 2016Monday, February 8, 2016
|1:00PM – 6:00PM||Arrive at your leisure – hotel check-in is 4:00PM
We will do everything we can to accommodate early arrivals
|2:00PM – 6:00PM||Optional Activities|
|6:00PM – 10:00PM||Welcome Reception|
|7:00AM – 8:00AM||Breakfast|
|8:00AM – 11:30AM||Customer Advisory Board Meeting Opening
Advisor Presentations: Market Needs, Challenges and Growth
The Future Vision of Networking: Challenges, Opportunities and Discussions
|1:00PM – 2:00PM||Lunch|
|2:00PM – 5:00PM||Extreme Solutions, Demonstrations and Discussions|
|6:00PM – 10:00PM||Reception, Dinner & On-Site Activity|
|7:00AM – 8:30AM||Breakfast|
|8:30AM – 11:00AM||Communication with Customers and the Industry
Programs Supporting You and Your Customers
|11:00AM||Depart at your leisure – hotel check-out is at noon|
Please register to officially become a member of the Extreme Networks Customer Advisory Board and attend the inaugural meeting February 8-10, 2016 in La Jolla, California.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a city-wide convention in San Diego, we recommend you make your flight reservations sooner rather than later to avoid potential sold out or high priced flights.
Travel Expense Details:
A two night hotel stay (three for international travelers), ground transfers to and from the meeting site/airport, and all food & beverage is included for in-person meetings associated with the CAB program. We realize some companies have a policy around what travel expenses can be covered by a partner. Please confirm your expense reimbursement policy on the registration form on this page.
To take advantage of our negotiated group room rates at the hotel, we will make reservations for you based on the check-in and check-out dates you enter on the registration form on this page. We will instruct the hotel on payment terms depending on your company policy. The nightly room rate for the program is $99 (two nights M/T for domestic travelers, three nights S/M/T for international travelers). If your check-in or check-out dates are outside of the program dates, Amy Myton will contact you to confirm the nightly rate for those dates.
Airfare is not included for in-person meetings associated with the CAB. However, to plan for a smooth arrival and departure, we request that you send your flight itinerary to email@example.com.
We are taking advantage of a complimentary activity program the hotel provides for groups. These activities will be scheduled between 2pm & 6pm on the arrival day and are optional; you can skip them altogether or sign up for all three, depending on your arrival time! Please indicate your choices on the registration form on this page.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a city-wide convention in San Diego, we are recommending you make your flight reservations immediately. This will help limit your exposure to sold-out or high priced flights.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
9700 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, California 92037
The Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is about a 25 minute drive (without traffic) from the San Diego International Airport (SAN).
We will utilize the flight itinerary you will provide us to coordinate a car service to pick you up at the San Diego International Airport upon arrival on Monday (Sunday for International travelers). We will instruct the transportation vendor on payment terms depending on your company policy as indicated on the registration page.
For departures on Wednesday, there will be a shuttle running every one and a half hours from the Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa to the San Diego International Airport, for a total of 4 runs. The departure shuttle schedule will be provided upon arrival at the hotel. You will need to personally schedule any airport transfers for arrivals any day other than Monday (Sunday for International travelers) and departures that fall outside of the shuttle schedule.
The attire for the Customer Advisory Board program will be business casual.
The average temperatures in La Jolla in February are a high of 65F and a low of 50F. It is typically sunny all year long, however this year with a forecasted El Nino weather pattern, there is a chance of rain. Evenings can get chilly, a light jacket is suggested.
Personal Time & Local Attractions:
- For those of you who want to enjoy the hotel spa facilities during your personal time, as part of the Extreme Networks Group you are welcome to a 10% discount on services. To see the list of services and to book your appointment(s), go to http://estancialajolla.com/san-diego-hotel-spa/
- Torrey Pines Golf Course (La Jolla)
- While this is a very famous golf course, it is a public course therefore tee times book up quickly. http://www.torreypinesgolfcourse.com/
- Downtown La Jolla & La Jolla Cove http://www.lajollabythesea.com/la-jolla-cove
- Sea World (San Diego) http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sandiego/
- Legoland (Carlsbad) http://california.legoland.com/
- Historic Old Town San Diego – Birthplace of California http://www.oldtownsandiego.org/
- Historic Gaslamp Quarter (Downtown San Diego) http://www.sandiego.org/discover/gaslamp-quarter.aspx
- Gaslamp Mardi Gras – Saturday, February 6th http://www.sdmardigras.com/
- San Diego Zoo http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/
- Dan Diego Zoo Safari Park http://www.sdzsafaripark.org/
- Coronado Island & the iconic Hotel Del
- Balboa Park – A landscape of Arts & Culture http://www.balboapark.org/
- USS Midway Museum (Downtown San Diego) http://www.midway.org/
Customer Advisory Board Charter 2015 – 2016
The purpose of Extreme’s Customer Advisory Board (“CAB”) is to bring together a small group of influential customers with a vested interest in our success (“Advisors”) to meet with us periodically and offer advice on our company and direction. We believe service, performance and ultimately better relationships will deliver better business outcomes for you and your customers. The CAB embodies this commitment.
Ideally, the CAB offers enduring and mutual learning for both Advisors and Extreme on market and technology challenges, and how Extreme can adapt to meet those challenges in a way that benefits our Advisors and their companies, other Extreme customers, and Extreme.
Who are our Advisors?
Advisors are some of our best customers who have several of the following characteristics:
- Customers who have a vested interest in Extreme’s success (i.e., they buy a lot of our products and services and want us to remain on the cutting edge of innovation and operational efficiency).
- Customers with whom we have a good relationship (i.e., they like us and appreciate who we are and want to see us do even better).
- Customers who like to think strategically, provide open feedback, and enjoy collaborating in a team environment (i.e., their feedback is not always what we want to hear but they give it anyway, often with a factual basis for their opinions).
- Customers who operate in our target vertical markets and can bring a strong understanding of the needs of those markets but also can see the common themes that are useful for all markets.
- Customers who hold decision-making positions within their companies and often purchase, or strongly influence the purchase of IT goods and services.
What is the benefit of becoming an Advisor?
In return for providing us with valuable business advice, Extreme has the opportunity to provide Advisors with:
- A chance to significantly influence the company’s direction, in a way which satisfies their own business and technology needs, as well as those of the wider customer base
- Access to senior level players at Extreme
- Early access to technology, e.g., product betas providing an opportunity to receive a time to market advantage
- Thought leadership in the area of networking, mobility and the future of IT
- Knowledge of what other companies are doing; and a way to expand their personal network with peers they might not ordinarily meet
What is the commitment expected of Advisors?
The CAB will meet in person at least once annually for 1 – 1.5 days, and either in person or virtually one other time per year. In accordance with many of our customers’ company requirements, Advisors will be responsible for their own travel expenses for any in person meeting. We ask that Advisors sign up for a 2-year commitment for continuity of thought and actions in pursuing strategic goals.
- From time to time, Extreme may make a special request or survey CAB members for their input on strategic initiatives.
- We may ask CAB members to present on a topic to share their viewpoints on business and technology initiatives in their own environments.
What does Extreme hope to accomplish with the CAB?
We also think it’s important to share Extreme’s goals for the CAB and what we hope to accomplish. Extreme aims to:
- Gain market and competitive insights directly from our customers in our target verticals; and get advice on how to expand our success with similar customers
- Develop solutions that are in sync with customer business and technology plans and challenges; and ‘test out’ company and product strategies
- Improve customer relationship and loyalty with our best customers and learn how to serve them better
- Create customer advocates in the marketplace
What will Extreme provide?
Extreme will provide Advisors with access to the company’s senior-level staff, including our CEO, and heads of Sales, Marketing, Services, and Product Management. We will collect and share bio information about our Advisors so CAB members can become familiar with the backgrounds and areas of expertise of all members. The company will also provide speakers in important areas of thought leadership to stimulate discussion, share our product roadmap, facilitate the meeting, take notes, and feedback periodically to Advisors on progress made.
Confidentiality of Work Products
The nature of the CAB’s work is not confidential; guests may attend meetings as deemed appropriate or necessary by the membership. However, any work products shared by Advisors as part of their role on the CAB will not be shared outside of Extreme Networks and will be treated as confidential.
Likewise, the CAB may be privy to confidential data about Extreme Networks, our strategies, product roadmap and projections and may be asked to sign an NDA upon joining.
If you have any questions please contact:
Cell: (949) 637-4725