For Switches Running OS-NAME Software
NOTE: This is a temporary page. These instructions will be updated.
When you have connected power to the switch and verified LED activity, complete the setup process as follows:
- Connect a management station to the console port using either an Ethernet to serial adapter or a DB-9 serial cable.
- Verify that the system LEDs are on (solid green or blinking green).
- Using PuTTY, TeraTerm, or another terminal emulator, connect to the switch using the serial port connection. Be sure that your serial connection is set properly:
- Baud rate: 115200 bps
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bit: 1
- Parity: none
- Flow control: none
- Log in to the switch. (Full instructions to come)
- Go to Extreme Networks eSupport at
- After logging in, go to the product registration page.
- Enter the switch’s serial number.
- Download the software to your PC from the software download page:
- Connect back to the switch using the console port and connect an Ethernet cable from the switch’s management port to your PC.
- Download and install the operating-system software. (Full instructions to come)
- When the download and install finishes, reboot the switch when prompted.