Your Network Foundation, Reimagined with Your Business in Mind
The demands on IT have never been greater: do more, do it quicker, and reduce costs. The Virtual Services Platform 8600 Series is engineered from the ground up to deliver against a checklist of must-have capabilities. Innovative design re-imagines how the modular Ethernet Switch should be architected, but more importantly, it’s been engineered to solve the most demanding challenges.
Network infrastructure needs to be both agile and powerful and decade-old products aren’t up to the job of delivering what’s needed. One platform, multiple solutions: the new VSP 8600 Series is powerful enough to be at the heart of the Campus or Data Center, versatile enough to deliver multi-rate Ethernet ranging from 1 to 100 Gigabit, and compact enough to be deployed as an End-or Middle-of-Row. The network foundation, re-imagined with network operators in mind.
Leveraging today’s most efficient switching chipset designs means that the VSP 8600 Series provides more of the crucial 1/10/25/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet speeds that you need for agile service delivery. All this while consuming less precious real estate: at just 7RU, the product boasts an industry-leading ultra-low profile form-factor and a best-in-class Port/RU ratio.
- Rethink how the modular Ethernet Switch should be architected
- Minimize your start-up costs with our innovative design that reduces system requirements
- Gain unprecedented deployment flexibility. The VSP 8600 delivers class-leading multi-rate 1/10/25/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet port density in an ultra-low-profile form-factor
- Align costs with solution scale. We decouple software from the chassis, which gives you a unique pay-as-you-grow model
- Improve your application availability and simplify sparing. We reduce complexity by replacing the traditional centralized supervisor with distributed functionality, creating a more robust and supportable solution.
- Flexible multi-rate Gigabit Ethernet support: up to 48 ports of 100G, up to 128 ports of 40G, or up to 192 ports of 10G
- Innovative design to address the challenges of today
- Reduced hardware requirements minimizes capital outlay
- Higher port density from a reduced footprint
- Break-the-mold architecture that is future-ready
- Pioneering pay-as-you-grow software licensing model
- Leverages full-featured, tried and tested VOSS software
- Hot-swappable hardware
- Feature-rich support for conventional VLAN, Link Aggregation, Spanning Tree technologies
- Support for IP Routing techniques including Static, RIP, OSPF, eBGP, BGP+, ECMP, DvR*, VRRP, PIM-SM/ SSM, and VRF. Additionally, supports Static, RIPng, OSPFv3, ECMP, and VRRP for IPv6 deployments*
- IPv6-optimized Hardware, with IPv6 software support targeted for a follow-on release
- Switch Cluster technology supports Triangle & Square configurations, with both Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality
- Fabric Connect technology supports L2 Virtual Service Networks (VSNs)*, Layer 3 VSNs*, Inter-VSN Routing*, IP Shortcut Routing*, IP Multicast-over-Fabric Connect* and Fabric Connect-PIM Gateway*, Fabric Attach Server* and Client*, and Fabric Extend*
- MACsec and Enhanced Security Mode options
- Up to 4 field-replaceable, hot- swappable AC or DC internal Power Supplies
- 5 field-replaceable Fan Trays
* Software support delivered in a follow-on release.
Engineered from the Ground Up to Deliver on Your Checklist of Must-Have Capabilities
Crucial for your always-on organization is a network that instills confidence and solidity: you need infrastructure that you can rely on to be running 24/7. The Virtual Services Platform 8600 Series leverages the tried and tested VSP Operating System Software to deliver unparalleled levels of high availability and feature functionality.
The demands have never been greater: do more, do it quicker, and spend less. Your network infrastructure needs to be both agile and powerful and it’s hard to see how decade-old products can deliver what you need. Enter the Virtual Services Platform 8600 Series: engineered using the latest technology and designed to solve your most demanding challenges—like lossless performance for bursty traffic flows.
Groundbreaking architecture delivers more of what you need—ports, performance, and availability—while consuming less of what’s finite—space, power, time, and money. The old-world Supervisor module is obsolete and the control plane is virtualized and decentralized. Plus, embedded Switch Fabric capacity and a passive backplane helps ensure the platform is ready to leverage the next round of technology advancements. The reduced hardware requirement saves start-up capital costs, minimizes size requirements, decreases power consumption, simplifies mid-life refreshes, and extends the overall service life.
- One platform, multiple solutions: This platform has the power and robustness to be at the heart of a large Campus or Data Center. It delivers multi-rate Ethernet ranging from 1 to 100 Gigabit, and is compact enough to be deployed as the End- or Middle-of-Row
- Right-sized for today’s networks: Port density, space utilization, and power consumption—all critical metrics addressed by the VSP 8600 Series
- Lowers the barriers to entry: Benefit from a breakthrough architecture that frees you from over-capitalizing in excess hardware and one-size-fits-all software, yet delivers best-in-class high-availability and embedded evolutionary capabilities
• Innovative design to address the challenges of today •Reduced hardware requirements minimize capital outlay • Higher port density from a reduced footprint • Break-the-mold architecture that is future ready • Pioneering pay-as-you-grow software licensing • Leverages full-featured, tried and tested software • Core Switch for mid-to-large Campus networks • Core/Spine Switch for Data Center networks • End-of-Row/Middle-of-Row Top-of-Rack Switch • Aggregation Switch for large Campus networks • Switch Cluster • Fabric Connect • Standardized IPv4 and IPv6 Routing VSP 8608 8-Slot Ethernet Switch VSP 8600 Series Modules
• 8600SF Switch Fabric Module
• 8606CQ 6-port 100 Gigabit QSFP28 IOC Module
• 8616QQ 16-port 40 Gigabit QSFP+ IOC Module
• 8624XS 24-port 10 Gigabit SFP+ IOC Module
• 8624XT 24-port 10 Gigabit RJ45 IOC Module
IOC Base Software Licenses Separately orderable:
• AC or DC Power Supplies for HA Power
• Rack Mount Kit
• Layer 3 Virtualization Feature Pack License
• Ethernet Transceivers, Direct-Attach Cables, and Break-Out Cables, as required
• Up to 21.6Tbps Raw System Switching Capacity • Up to 48 ports of 100 Gigabit Ethernet • Up to 128 ports of 40 Gigabit Ethernet • Up to 192 ports of Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet • Up to 4 high-availability AC or DC Power Supplies • High-availability Cooling, Front-to-Back airflow • Height of 7RU • Weight of ~55kg/120lbs (Unloaded)