This year differentiate your learning. Think creatively.
It’s that time again, when edtech leaders leave the classroom for summer and make their way to ISTE 2016! Each year, the International Society for Technology in Education hosts its annual K-12 education conference where over 16,000 attendees gather to share strategies on how to effectively take learning to a new level with the help of emerging technologies. This year, ISTE 2016 will be held at the Denver Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado from Sunday, June 26 through Wednesday, June 29 and offer over 1,000 sessions on a variety of topics, from BYOT implementation to 1:1 learning.
At Extreme, we are excited to showcase our solutions and share insights and predictions on trends changing the education landscape inside and outside the classroom for both teachers and students alike. Based on our discussions with customers, partners, and fellow tech leaders about what trends are currently top of mind for K-12 school districts, personalized learning, online testing, and the future of IoT smart schools will be hot topics for our team at the conference. Here’s a sneak peek at what we’ll be talking about:
- Personalized Learning: Recognized as the most effective style of teaching today, 22 percent of educators report using personalized learning in their school districts and an additional 20 percent expect to adapt it over the next two years, according to our survey. This trend is expanding the use of new learning tools, from Google Apps to Moodle and more. Implementing reliable Wi-Fi is a critical factor in ensuring the success of personalized learning and deploying high-density Wi-Fi can make all the difference.
- Online and Technology-Based Testing: Schools are moving away from the number 2 pencil and Scantron to using PCs and Chromebooks to administer online tests.These assessments are easier to conduct and grade, and are set up to provide additional insight into student learning. Network analytics are important for the trend towards technology-based K-12 testing to ensure the test performs glitch-free by identifying where bandwidth is needed during a testing period.
- IoT Smart Schools: The use of all sorts of Wi-Fi-based sensors and monitors, attendance tracking, robotics, 3-D printers; even facial recognition – Internet of Things devices that communicate their status via the network – are transforming today’s classroom to a connected one. These technologies are supporting personalized learning, reducing costs and increasing student engagement. Our survey found that 46 percent of IT managers believe smart schools will have a significant impact over the next one to two years. Network management and access control can quell security concerns associated with this trend and boost the growth of smart schools.
The Extreme team will also be busy in booth #1915 showing school districts from around the world how to improve learning success by implementing revolutionary new educational technologies with our solutions portfolio. Here’s a list of live demonstrations at our booth:
- Cloud-Managed Networking
- Application and Network Analytics
- Network Management and Access Control
- High-Density Wi-Fi
Visit our website for more information on what you can see and learn at ISTE. Be sure to register for a VIP tour and receive a $15 Starbucks gift card when you visit our booth! Also, don’t forget to join the conversation online at #ISTE2016 and follow my live tweets at @RHNilsson. Hope to see you there!