The results are in! Gartner has released their 2015 Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure. With very exciting news, Extreme Networks announces their positioning as the furthest vendor in the “Visionaries” quadrant for “Completeness of Vision.”
Why Extreme Cares About Gartner’s Magic Quadrant (And you should too!)
A Magic Quadrant maps a vendor’s position in a market defined by Gartner. The quadrant has a vertical axis that measures a company’s “Ability to Execute” and a horizontal axis that measures “Completeness of Vision.”
End users and investors use the Magic Quadrant to:
- Identify vendors to consider when doing technology refreshes
- Understand the risks of doing business with a particular vendor
- Estimate the current and probable strength of a vendor in a market segment
- Indicator of marketing and sales momentum
The Gartner Magic Quadrant research report is intended for use in conjunction with Gartner’s “Critical Capabilities for the Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure,” and uses the same vendor inclusion criteria. Extreme Networks is placed in the top 3rd of vendor scores for all use cases.
What Does it Mean to be “Visionary”?
According to Gartner, “a vendor in the Visionaries quadrant demonstrates an ability to increase features in its offering to provide a unique ad differentiated approach to the market. Visionaries will have innovated in one or more of the key areas of access layer technologies within the enterprise (for example, convergence, security, management or operational efficiency). The ability to apply differentiating functionality across the entire access layer will affect their position.”
This move highlights Extreme’s commitment to providing customers with a broad range of high quality, software-driven wired and wireless solutions. We believe this recognition is also validation to Extreme’s strength and focus in supporting the needs of the mobile enterprise.
Positioned as a “Visionary” is a huge accomplishment for Extreme as we work hard to provide a unique and differentiated approach to the market with innovative solutions to meet tomorrow’s needs.
Did you also know that Extreme is one of the top 17 vendors with a combined revenue derived from Enterprise WLAN, software and applications, and campus Ethernet switching? Extreme’s ability to apply differentiating functionality across the entire access layer had a positive effect on our position in the Magic Quadrant.
Gartner recognized Extreme’s ability to innovate with:
- NetSight for its single console that provides multivendor, centralized management.
- Management of the full wired and wireless portfolio that can be deployed on-premises or virtually in a public or private cloud environment.
- Extreme is one of the few vendors that can fully optimize the access layer for any enterprise considering an “all wireless office” decision.
- Extreme’s Purview analytics engine software provides insight into who is on the network, what applications they are accessing, where they are located and what device they are on.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.