Learn about eight emerging technologies and trends that inspire creativity and enhance teaching!
This webinar will be a fast-paced, lighthearted overview of eight trends and technologies that will amaze and inspire you. Learn how these technologies promote creativity, enhance teaching & learning in the classroom and across the network. Professor Yoder’s suggestions on the uses of technology in education are based on the sound, educational philosophy of Vygotsky and Bruner, but with a timely 21st century approach. Many technology uses have been developed for consumer or military use, but have tremendous potential for personal and educational applications.
During this webinar, you will learn about:
- Virtual reality; headset overview, 360 degree resources
- Augmented reality; in the media; trigger options, making your own
- Drones; positive, productive uses; learning with coding
- The best high quality video resources; why they are key to classroom flipping
- Promising new apps; cool tools your district will want to use
Dr. Maureen Brown Yoder
Professor, Educational Technology, Lesley University
Dr. Maureen Brown Yoder is a Professor at Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the Educational Technology Masters Degree program. Dr. Yoder coined the term “Electronic Constructivism” and has written and presented extensively on emerging technologies and how to thoughtfully and creatively integrate them into existing curricula.