Customer Advisory Board: EMEA
Welcome to the Extreme Networks Customer Advisory Board
Thank you for being valued supporters of Extreme Networks. We truly appreciate the relationship we’ve built together through the years. We are privileged and honored to work with you and your teams.
Extreme’s Customer Advisory Board (“CAB”) will bring together, on a semi-annual basis, a small group of influential customers with a vested interest in Extreme’s success. We look forward to your feedback on our company and direction.
We believe service, performance and the relationships we build with our customers will allow us to deliver better business outcomes for you and your customers. We are very excited to have you join us on this journey that is sure to offer an enduring and mutual learning experience for both Extreme and our advisors.
Please take a few moments to complete the registration form and read through the Charter – both can be found under the “Registration” and “Charter” tabs above. In addition, please take the brief survey which can be found under the “Survey” tab above.
I look forward to working with and learning from you.
President & CEO
EMEA Customer Advisory Board
Agenda 27 – 28 September, 201627 Tuesday, September
|1200||Lunch and Introductions|
|1330||Advisor Presentations: Market Needs|
Group Question and Answer
|1515||The Future of Networking|
|1545||Group Discussion: Challenges and Opportunities in the Real World|
and Required Capabilities to Meet the Challenges
|1800||Bus departs for Dinner Boat Cruise|
*Meet in hotel lobby
|845||Extreme Solutions: A Look Ahead|
Product Preview and Demonstration
Advisor Input: Extreme Product and Solution Strategies
|1100 – 1230||Workshop Discussions|
|1230||Meeting Summary & Lunch|
Extreme Networks EMEA Customer Advisory Board Pre-Event Survey
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm
Augsburger Straße 41
10789 Berlin, Germany
Phone: + 49 30 800 999 1525
Fax: + 49 30 800 999 1523
Sofitel Berlin KurfÜrstendamm
We have reserved complimentary hotel rooms for each of you at the Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm from Tuesday, 27 September to Wednesday, 28 September. If you would like to arrive on Monday, 26 September, or have any questions regarding your hotel reservation, please contact email@example.com.
Attire for this meeting will be business casual.
- Brandenburg Gate
- Berlin Zoo
- The Reichstag Building
- East Side Gallery
- Tiergarten Park
- The Berlin Philharmonic
- The Holocaust Memorial
- Pergamon Museum
Customer Advisory Board Charter 2015 – 2016
The purpose of Extreme’s Customer Advisory Board (“CAB”) is to bring together a small group of influential customers with a vested interest in our success (“Advisors”) to meet with us periodically and offer advice on our company and direction. We believe service, performance and ultimately better relationships will deliver better business outcomes for you and your customers. The CAB embodies this commitment.
Ideally, the CAB offers enduring and mutual learning for both Advisors and Extreme on market and technology challenges, and how Extreme can adapt to meet those challenges in a way that benefits our Advisors and their companies, other Extreme customers, and Extreme.
Who are our Advisors?
Advisors are some of our best customers who have several of the following characteristics:
- Customers who have a vested interest in Extreme’s success (i.e., they buy a lot of our products and services and want us to remain on the cutting edge of innovation and operational efficiency).
- Customers with whom we have a good relationship (i.e., they like us and appreciate who we are and want to see us do even better).
- Customers who like to think strategically, provide open feedback, and enjoy collaborating in a team environment (i.e., their feedback is not always what we want to hear but they give it anyway, often with a factual basis for their opinions).
- Customers who operate in our target vertical markets and can bring a strong understanding of the needs of those markets but also can see the common themes that are useful for all markets.
- Customers who hold decision-making positions within their companies and often purchase, or strongly influence the purchase of IT goods and services.
What is the benefit of becoming an Advisor?
In return for providing us with valuable business advice, Extreme has the opportunity to provide Advisors with:
- A chance to significantly influence the company’s direction, in a way which satisfies their own business and technology needs, as well as those of the wider customer base
- Access to senior level players at Extreme
- Early access to technology, e.g., product betas providing an opportunity to receive a time to market advantage
- Thought leadership in the area of networking, mobility and the future of IT
- Knowledge of what other companies are doing; and a way to expand their personal network with peers they might not ordinarily meet
What is the commitment expected of Advisors?
The CAB will meet in person at least once annually for 1-1.5 days, and either in person or virtually one other time per year. In accordance with many of our customers’ company requirements, Advisors will be responsible for their own travel expenses for any in person meeting. We ask that Advisors sign up for a 2-year commitment for continuity of thought and actions in pursuing strategic goals.
- From time to time, Extreme may make a special request or survey CAB members for their input on strategic initiatives.
- We may ask CAB members to present on a topic to share their viewpoints on business and technology initiatives in their own environments.
What does Extreme hope to accomplish with the CAB?
We also think it’s important to share Extreme’s goals for the CAB and what we hope to accomplish. Extreme aims to:
- Gain market and competitive insights directly from our customers in our target verticals; and get advice on how to expand our success with similar customers
- Develop solutions that are in sync with customer business and technology plans and challenges; and ‘test out’ company and product strategies
- Improve customer relationship and loyalty with our best customers and learn how to serve them better
- Create customer advocates in the marketplace
What will Extreme provide?
Extreme will provide Advisors with access to the company’s senior-level staff, including our CEO, and heads of Sales, Marketing, Services, and Product Management. We will collect and share bio information about our Advisors so CAB members can become familiar with the backgrounds and areas of expertise of all members. The company will also provide speakers in important areas of thought leadership to stimulate discussion, share our product roadmap, facilitate the meeting, take notes, and feedback periodically to Advisors on progress made.
Confidentiality of Work Products
The nature of the CAB’s work is not confidential; guests may attend meetings as deemed appropriate or necessary by the membership. However, any work products shared by Advisors as part of their role on the CAB will not be shared outside of Extreme Networks and will be treated as confidential.
Likewise, the CAB may be privy to confidential data about Extreme Networks, our strategies, product roadmap and projections and may be asked to sign an NDA upon joining.
If you have any questions please contact:
Cell: (978) 877-7647
Office: (603) 952-5106