Here at Extreme, we pride ourselves on delivering innovative and intelligent solutions to our customers. Tuesday’s announcement of our software defined networking platform challenged us to ask, how can our SDN platform foster innovation and creatively push the envelope of networking?
Behold, the Extreme SDN Innovation Challenge. We’re partnering with US Ignite to recognize applications that leverage SDN architecture and its interfaces that provide transformative public benefit – whether that is in education, public safety, healthcare, advanced manufacturing, transportation, e-government, the Internet of Things (IoT) or clean energy. In addition to solving today’s complex business and IT challenges, these applications will also provide a different kind of experience – one that is not readily available on today’s commercial Internet.
The challenge opens in September 2014, but now is the time to get those wheels turning! Extreme will extend its APIs to allow developers to create applications and invited participants will showcase their final demos at the US Ignite Application Summit in June 2015. Specifics on the challenge can be found below, or you can visit the US Ignite website to learn more. Stay tuned for more details and we can’t wait to see your ideas!
- What: Extreme Networks SDN Innovation Challenge
- Who: Open to all developers worldwide
- Phase 1: Sign-Up, September 10, 2014 – sign-up for the Challenge by submitting an abstract and a one-minute video pitch of your proposed idea (deadline: October 10, 2014)
- Phase II: Business Value Pitch, October 20-31, 2014
- Phase III: Finalist Kick-Off, December 3, 2014
- Phase IV: Submit Minimal Viable Product Demo, June 1, 2015
- Phase V: Demo & Award Ceremony, June 23, 2015
- Awards: Based on scoring by an expert panel of judges, Extreme Networks will award the following grant money to the top three winners:
- Grand Winner: $5,000
- First Runner-Up: $3,000
- Second Runner-Up: $2,000